As 2010 winds down, it is time to look ahead to 2011. I have high expectations as the calendar turns, and I believe 2011 will be the year of adoption. I believe we’ve reached a point where cash will come off the sidelines and I expect to see technology investments focused on revenue generation and value creation. With that as a backdrop, I’ll Label 2011 as the year of collaboration and intelligence – the two areas that I believe align very well with pressing business priorities. So here are my thoughts on 2011.
Tag Archives: Call Center
Leave a comment | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, Collaboration, Collective Intelligence, Innovation, Predictive Analytics, Social Intelligence, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies, Wisdom of Crowds | posted in Business Analytics, CIO and the Business, CRM, Industry Trends, Social Media, Social Technologies, Voice of the Customer
This Press Release from Verint continues the Social Media and customer service drum beat. The recurring themes are:
- A growing challenge to identify, collect and act upon data delivered through an expanding number of customer communications channels
- The need for an aggregated and unified view of customer data across all channels
- Analysis that delivers insight drives rapid and informed action
- Companies are not equipped to analyze the interactions that occur via email, chat, social media, forums, etc.
- There is a heightened need for text analytics. Solutions that mine interactions and feedback across multichannel customer communications – including email, chat, blogs, review sites, social media and other text-based channels – continue to emerge
- Workflow delivers insight to the people that are best equipped to manage issues, address specific customer service concerns, or get ahead of negative sentiments in social media
2 comments | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, CRM, CRM 2.0, Predictive Analytics, Social CRM, Social Intelligence, Social Media, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies | posted in Business Analytics, CRM, Social Media, Social Technologies, Voice of the Customer
Customer support is evolving to handle an ever-growing number of channels. Social media interaction is playing an expanding role in how companies provide support to their customers. I believe this Press Release from Attensity gives us a view into the future call center. As the press release points out, social media is quickly becoming a key component of customer care strategies.
7 comments | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, Sense and Respond, Social Analytics, Social CRM, Social Media, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies | posted in Business Analytics, CRM, Social Media, Social Technologies, Voice of the Customer
Widely recognized CRM visionary Paul Greenberg just published a report titled Contact Center 2011 – Back to the Future. Mr. Greenberg has talked about Social CRM or CRM 2.0 for quite some time. In this report, he discusses the impact of the social customer on the contact center. Here is a summary along with my perspective.
2 comments | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, CRM, CRM 2.0, Social CRM, Social Media, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies | posted in Business Analytics, CRM, Social Media, Social Technologies
- Guest Post: 7 Deadly Sins: How to Successfully “Cross The Chasm” By Avoiding These Mistakes | LinkedIn linkedin.com/today/post/art… 1 day ago
- RT @dianaash: @frankdiana Please RT to your followers...NJ girl has been missing for 2 weeks nj.com/mercer/index.s… 2 days ago
- Customer experience: A journey, not a moment: shar.es/DKUaC #CX 3 days ago
- #Amazon drones? Time for a reality check: cnnmon.ie/1jd8zAY Maybe not today - but someday. What would it mean to your business? 4 days ago
- Computing is a general purpose technology like electricity - we should reinvent our organizations to leverage it: tiny.cc/v7ri7w 4 days ago
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 14Next up in this transformation series is the ninth and final enabler: thinking differently. How can we enable the characteristics so important to future success, if we don’t start thinking differently? Status quo thinking is the cause of many transformation …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 13Next up in this transformation series is the eighth enabler: the evolution from descriptive to predictive analytics. At the heart of future success lies the ability to leverage insight for competitive advantage. Yet, analytic capability and data driven cultures are …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 12Next up in this transformation series is the seventh enabler: Collective Intelligence. One of the key themes throughout this transformation series is the clear movement from an enterprise entity to an extended enterprise of stakeholders. This extended enterprise – or …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 11Next up in this transformations series is the sixth enabler: sense and respond systems. These systems are critical to the transformation agenda, as most of the disruptive technologies likely to impact the enterprise in the next decade have data at …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 10Next up in this transformations series is the fifth enabler: systems of engagement. Geoffrey Moore introduced the Systems of Engagement concept about two years ago. This vision for the future of Information Technology is gaining broader acceptance – but a …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 9Next up in this transformations series is the fourth enabler: next generation experiences. As we are now deep into this transformation series, some of the drivers and tactics are similar across the various enablers, so you will start to see …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 8The next focus of this transformation series shifts to the emergence of value ecosystems and their role in driving the Enterprise of 2020. As we look at the Apple ecosystem and offerings like the connected car, mobile commerce, energy efficiency, …
- The Digital Enterprise and the Changing Role of ITDigital transformation involves the four pillars of technological disruption, namely Big Data and analytics, cloud computing, mobility and social networks. These together can provide major benefits to the enterprise, including easier customer reach and personalized customer care, leading to improved …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 7Next up in this transformation series is edge-driven design, the second enabler. This key enabler is growing in importance as developed economies are moving away from command and control models and towards edge interaction that is value-based. The design principles …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 6This closer look at transformation now shifts to the enablers. By way of summary, we have covered the forcing function piece of the diagram below; those forces that drive leaders to invest in a future state. In the absence of …
- A Closer Look at Transformation – Part 14
- 30,024 hits
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31