As 2010 winds down, it is time to look ahead to 2011. I have high expectations as the calendar turns, and I believe 2011 will be the year of adoption. I believe we’ve reached a point where cash will come off the sidelines and I expect to see technology investments focused on revenue generation and value creation. With that as a backdrop, I’ll Label 2011 as the year of collaboration and intelligence – the two areas that I believe align very well with pressing business priorities. So here are my thoughts on 2011.
Tag Archives: Call Center
Leave a comment | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, Collaboration, Collective Intelligence, Innovation, Predictive Analytics, Social Intelligence, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies, Wisdom of Crowds | posted in Business Analytics, CIO and the Business, CRM, Industry Trends, Social Media, Social Technologies, Voice of the Customer
This Press Release from Verint continues the Social Media and customer service drum beat. The recurring themes are:
- A growing challenge to identify, collect and act upon data delivered through an expanding number of customer communications channels
- The need for an aggregated and unified view of customer data across all channels
- Analysis that delivers insight drives rapid and informed action
- Companies are not equipped to analyze the interactions that occur via email, chat, social media, forums, etc.
- There is a heightened need for text analytics. Solutions that mine interactions and feedback across multichannel customer communications – including email, chat, blogs, review sites, social media and other text-based channels – continue to emerge
- Workflow delivers insight to the people that are best equipped to manage issues, address specific customer service concerns, or get ahead of negative sentiments in social media
2 comments | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, CRM, CRM 2.0, Predictive Analytics, Social CRM, Social Intelligence, Social Media, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies | posted in Business Analytics, CRM, Social Media, Social Technologies, Voice of the Customer
Customer support is evolving to handle an ever-growing number of channels. Social media interaction is playing an expanding role in how companies provide support to their customers. I believe this Press Release from Attensity gives us a view into the future call center. As the press release points out, social media is quickly becoming a key component of customer care strategies.
7 comments | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, Sense and Respond, Social Analytics, Social CRM, Social Media, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies | posted in Business Analytics, CRM, Social Media, Social Technologies, Voice of the Customer
Widely recognized CRM visionary Paul Greenberg just published a report titled Contact Center 2011 – Back to the Future. Mr. Greenberg has talked about Social CRM or CRM 2.0 for quite some time. In this report, he discusses the impact of the social customer on the contact center. Here is a summary along with my perspective.
2 comments | tags: Business Analytics, Call Center, CRM, CRM 2.0, Social CRM, Social Media, Social Media Monitoring, Social Technologies | posted in Business Analytics, CRM, Social Media, Social Technologies
- Steam engine - first machine age - we are in the early stage of the second one #MITCIO 2 hours ago
- #CIOs are increasingly joining company Boards - a new phenomena #MITCIO 4 hours ago
- RT @ValaAfshar: Cryptography technology can help prevent big data from becoming big brother. #MITCIO 9 hours ago
- RT @ron_miller: Proof correlation doesn't = causation. People who get lung cancer are more likely to have ashtrays. Get rid of them to cure… 9 hours ago
- RT @MITSloanExecEd: Sandy Pentland: Used cell phone data in Ivory Coast reduced commute time 10% by seeing where people are and where they … 9 hours ago
- Digital Enterprise Road Map Series: Part 6 – InsightPart six wraps up our Digital Enterprise road map series with a focus on moving insight delivery from descriptive to prescriptive. Throughout this series, I have stressed the importance of analytic excellence to long term success. But current methods such …
- It’s Time to take Digital Beyond MarketingDigital permeates every facet of the organization. It has moved beyond just marketing. And it is time to move away from a transaction mode to a engagement or an experiential mode. In this video, TCS consultants Frank Diana and Tonya …
- Digital Enterprise Road Map Series: Part 5In part five of our Digital Enterprise road map series, we focus on business effectiveness. Efficiency dominated the last two decades with a focus on doing things in the right manner. But the next decade brings an increased focus on …
- Digital Enterprise Road Map Series: Part 4Geoffrey Moore introduced the Systems of Engagement concept about two years ago. This vision for the future of Information Technology is gaining broader acceptance – but a surprising number of executives are blind to the coming sea change. Is it …
- Digital Enterprise Road Map Series: Part 3My belief that digital is still very misunderstood is growing stronger. Instead of understanding digital to be the transformative engine that drives sustainability – it is still viewed as an offering or channel. Those are indeed critical pieces of the …
- Digital Enterprise Road Map Series: Part 2In part one of this six part series; I focused on Holistic Strategy – the first step on the digital enterprise journey. In part two, the focus shifts to experience-based differentiation. With the rapid commoditization of products and services, the …
- Why should we be using Adaptive Web Design (AWD) now instead of Responsive Web Design (RWD)A Guest Post by Skip Vanderburg Director of Digital Innovation & Visualization at Tata Consultancy Services Responsive Web is not everywhere, yet. Actually less then 25% of all sites are now Responsive Web. So, why then am I suggesting we …
- Digital Enterprise Roadmap Series: Part 1I’ve spent time in the past year writing about the emerging digital enterprise. I want to shift my focus to the roadmap required to become one. This is the first in a six part series that examines the digital enterprise …
- The Internet of Things – The Tipping PointThe Internet of Things (IoT) is predicted to reach a tipping point in 2013. Mobile, Cloud, Big Data and Social are converging to enable countless applications of IoT in the future – and of all the disruptors in play today, …
- Geoffrey Moore: The Tide has TurnedIn a recent Blog post as part of the LinkedIn thought leadership series, Geoffrey Moore states that The Tide has Turned. He sees signals that the consumer IT boom has peaked and the focus will shift to the enterprise. Here …
- Digital Enterprise Road Map Series: Part 6 – Insight
- 16,550 hits